With Earth Day approaching, all of us here at Exclusive Cruises are taking the time to reflect on what the environment means to us and what we can each do to maintain it.
The Amalfi Coast is famous for it’s spectacular views, the beautiful Mediterranean Sea, the fresh food produced here and the warm sunshine. These are all natural things- part of the earth, and it is our job to maintain them to the highest degree possible.
Everyone who lives on the Amalfi Coast, Capri, Ischia and the surrounding areas is dependent on the land for survival. The lemons that are grown to make our delicious granitas, the olives used for our fresh olive oil, the grapes grown to produce our local wines…the tomatoes, the fish in the sea…I could go on and on.
Not only is it important to maintain the natural beauty for the tourists who keep the local economy strong, but for the people who live here, who wake up every morning to the beautiful Mediterranean sunshine…the people who help make this beautiful region so special.
This year, Exclusive Cruises is asking for everyone on April 22, 2014 (EARTH DAY!) to give back to the community.
Below are some ideas:
11. Pick up trash that you see discarded on the ground or in the sea, even if it is not your trash!
22. Shut off the lights when you leave a room
33. Carpool or take a bike or the bus
44. Create a group of friends to donate a few hours to cleaning up the towns and villages together
55. TEACH and EDUCATE your children the importance of keeping the environment clean!!!
L6. Let’s make every day Earth Day!